Peter Cook and Dudley Moore created, together and individually, some of British comedy’s finest moments. From their first appearance together while students on stage, it was clear that a chemistry existed the likes of which occurs only once in every generation.
Like Laurel and Hardy, Abbot and Costello or Morecambe and Wise, Pete and Dud made a unique and memorable team. Their humour was alternative before the term became a cliché, and as Derek and Clive the pair broke taboos and confronted notions of what is considered ‘acceptable’ for public performance in original and shocking fashion. For the first time, this book traced the lives and careers of Pete and Dud as a duo, examining their work and influence both as a double act and as individuals.
Using original interview material with people who knew and worked with the pair, this was the first, finest critical biography of Cook and Moore AKA Derek and Clive, AKA ‘troubled’ Peter Cook and ‘Cuddly’ Dudley. It tells the strange story of how the master inventor of the British satire boom and the most unlikely Hollywood sex symbol became friends, collaborators and the best of enemies.
Why sign up?
- Get a subscriber only discount when preorder begins
- Get a name printed in the book
- Get priority on the preorder and be the first to get Pete and Dud (Ebook)
Got questions? We’ve got answers.
- Who are Rocket 88 Books?
- Rocket 88 publishes interesting and special books. See here for some of them, or follow us on social media. We’re on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Will I be able to get the book anywhere else?
- Not at the moment, it may be available to order from book retailers after publication but it will always be available at the lowest price from Rocket 88. You will not see it discounted on Amazon or Barnes & Noble.
- How else can I keep up with news about the book?
- Follow us! We’re on Facebook and Twitter.
- Where do you ship to?
- We have warehouses in the USA, the UK and the EU and ship to most countries around the world.
- This page has not answered my question. Now what?
- Please contact us.